You can set up the Matcha app to communicate with any number of WordPress blogs you own.
In this article, you’ll learn how to set up a new WordPress connection to publish content.
Before you start
Download our WordPress plug-in here
Set up a new WordPress connection
Step 1 – Setup your WordPress plug-in
- In WordPress, locate Plugins menu item on the menu bar (Tip: If it is not there, you may need to contact the Admin of your WordPress blog)
- When you hover your mouse over the Plugins menu item, there will be the option to "Add New"
- In the Plugin store and directory, search for Matcha plugin and click "Install"
- Once you install the Matcha plugin, you will find the it listed on the left menu bar as Matcha
- Click on theMatcha tab, and follow the steps in the next section to fill in the credentials
Step 2 - Set up the connection in Matcha
- Log in to Matcha
- Click your company avatar to open the dropdown and choose Settings
- Under Channel configuration select Add New from the WordPress section
- Label your WordPress channel and input your WordPress URL
- Select Create, and when the page reloads you’ll have your Token, Key, and Secret Key
- Copy-paste from Matcha into the plugin settings page in WordPress
- Activate and you should be able to publish directly to your WordPress website from Matcha
Managing your WordPress connection
Once your WordPress connection is set up, we'll check the connection hourly and show that status on the Integrations page. You can also check the connection yourself using the "Check Status" button. If your WordPress integration is working, the status will be "Active":
If your WordPress connection is not working, the status will be "Inactive"; in this case, you'll want to use this document to troubleshoot the connection or reach out to our Partner Success team for help:
If you have a WordPress connection that you're no longer using, you can also disable it using the switch on the far right:
When disabled, all data you've collected from this site will be kept, but you will no longer see this integration as a publication option; this will keep you from accidentally publishing content to the wrong place in the future.